Saturday 29 April 2017

Le Rocher De La Laveuse 1376m

I was gonna go up Le Grand Veymont today. Even though it was back the way i came by 1.5h and it snowed quite heavily last night so the road would probably be blocked, i thought id try anyway.
Yet again i was still surprised to see a road block barring a snow laden road. It said it would be closed until the 31st of May which i thought was a bit excessive seeing as there was hardly any snow the other day.
The place that i went instead wasn't too bad. I've discovered if a mountain has 'rocher' or 'aiguille' in the name then it's gonna be a gooden cos rocher means rock and aiguille means needle. The aiguilles are gonna be steep but it means theres also gonna be climbing.
The way i went up was pretty steep. The snow made it slippy. Some parts i had to use trees to pull myself up. It was supposed to be a moyenne walk aswell. Clearly moyenne must mean something different to what i thought it meant because every moyenne walk i've been on, hasn't been moyenne at all. Although that might have something to do with me going the wrong way.
Half way up i got a glimpse of Le Grand Veymont in the distance. It's the one in the middle. This side is a gradual slope but the other side is a steep cliff. Theres a huge ridge going all the way from Grenoble, right the way down the side of Vercors national park. Wanna walk down it one day but would probably take a few days.
,

At the very start of the walk there were two directions. A blue dot and red dot. I remember the description saying something about a red dot, so i went that way. I had been following a red dot for a while but then the path went right up to the bottom of a cliff then stopped. I thought this surely can't be the way for a moyenne walk. Then i saw a blue dot and realised id gone the wrong way.
I went up anyway. Wasn't too difficult, probably a grade 1 scramble.
There were some good climbing opportunities on the way up aswell.


Obviously i had to climb up a spire and stick my arms out.
I said to me brother, you haven't actually been somewhere until you've stuck your arms out and taken a photo. Thats the only way to prove you've been there.

When i got to the top there was bloody hordes of people.  Must have said bonjour at least 20 times on the way down. I saw an old woman pooing in a bush. Honestly this type of activity will have its own post because  French people love public defecation. This is what you get for goin out on a weekend.

I saw another marmot. I have rapidly lost my enthusiasm for marmots. They are just a squirrel thats too fat to climb trees. I also saw a red squirrel, which are rare in Britain so was quite exciting to see. It even made a smiley face for me in the snow with its feet. Whoever said squirrels don't have a sense of humour? Probably no one.

No comments:

Post a Comment