Thursday 13 July 2017

Tomnadashan Copper Mine

This is the second time i've visited this mine. The first time it was flooded. I needed dry boots for Ben Lawers the next day so couldn't go in.
The second time i wasn't surprised to see it was still flooded, possibly even more flooded, but i didn't need dry boots anymore.
There were these white rabbits dotted about the place. Which i thought was an Alice in Wonderland reference. But then i watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail last night, there was a scene where a white rabbit was guarding a cave and recognised the entrance to the mine!

I went in one entrance and it just lead to a bunch of dead ends and one flooded shaft.
Then went in the other entrance and it was about a foot deep of clay mud under two feet of water. The water was freezing as well. I could feel my testicles recoil in horror as the water went past my knees.
So a bit disappointing i went twice and still didn't get anywhere.














No comments:

Post a Comment