Tuesday 11 July 2017

Black Cuillin part 2

On this route i went up Coir an Eich to the summit of Sgurr á Mhadaidh then along the top of the ridge covering Sgurr Eadar da Choire, Sgurr á Ghreadaidh, Sgurr Thormaid up to Sgurr na Banachdich, then across the ridge that sticks out to the west to Sgurr nan Gobhar.
Sgurr means peak.

I had quite a serious accident this time round. I was lining up my tripod for a shot when i slipped onto my side, crushing my custard creams that were in my pocket.





Forgot to get a photo of the whole section but thats a chunk of it.
Sgurr nan Gobhar was a last minute addition. I didn't know if there was a way down from the end of it but then i saw this guy running across it so though there must be.
I eventually caught up with him and asked him. To which he replied, "Och ye shudna followed me pal! I ne'er bin here in ma life!"
We wished each other good luck and he took off down the side somewhere and i carried onto the end.

Good view at the end.

Had to slide down here to get down. Who even needs paths when you've got lethal stone slides.

No comments:

Post a Comment