Saturday 26 November 2016

Adder and Sand Lizard painted rock

For sale on Ebay www.ebay.co.uk/usr/andyzine
Handpainted rock ornament, which stands up by itself. Featuring an Adder and Sand lizard, in amongst the heather in a heather moorland.
14 x 5 x 1cms.
I painted this in New Forest, my inspiration obviously being the Adder and Sand lizard - even though i didn't see any! Maybe it was too late in the year, maybe someone told them i was coming. Who knows.
I actually got this rock from the Exmoor coast. I believe its some kind of slate that has been weathered and smoothed by the sea. I was going to use it as a whetstone until i realised how long it takes to file down a rock to a perfectly flat surface. Which by the way, is ages.
Will be painting a lot more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment